Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Manage suppliers to meet quality, delivery and specification requirements for optimal total cost.
- Leverage relationships with suppliers to identify cost reduction opportunities and lead projects to realize benefits.
- Manage Purchase Price Variance (PPV) strategically by developing mitigation plans and strategies to positively impact overall results.
- Lead Request for Quote (RFQ) creation and execution which is strategically aligned with corporate and division goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the implementation of goals and objectives between corporate commodity management and the Power Quality Division Supply Chain Management (SCM) team.
- Select source of supply, negotiate terms and conditions and enter purchase orders, promote competitive bidding and assure that purchase orders are awarded in accordance with written procedures.
- Evaluate supplier performance and develop new supply sources as needed to strengthen supplier base.
- Participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions, and drive continuous improvement through the supply chain.
- Proactively resolve Supplier accounts payable issues.
- Assist in the training and development of personnel within the department to build organizational capability.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Supply Chain
- Minimum of 1 year of Purchasing experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Relocation is available for this opportunity
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain within a manufacturing environment
- Electronics, Packaging & Fastener Purchasing experience
- SAP ERP experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of data mining analytics
- MS Office proficiency (i.e.: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communications skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers.
- Knowledge of supply chain and purchasing reporting systems.
- Knowledge of Eaton commodity products and supplier resources.
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance and reporting accuracy.
- Knowledge of capital expenditure terms & conditions.
- Strong ethics, values and product stewardship.
- Ability to influence others’ decision making and interface at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace
- Ability to get results, self-starter and good decision making skills
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities for improvement that have measurable impact and manage multiple projects/activities.
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time