Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Manager - Advanced Power Systems
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for an Engineering Manager – Advanced Power Systems. The position will be based out of a Eaton Electrical Engineering Services office or from a home office in the United States.
Position Overview :
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
Within Eaton’s Engineering Services and Systems division is an elite group of highly experienced engineering specialists with expertise in power system analysis and design. This group provides technical guidance and expertise to directly support internal engineers within the division including Power Systems Engineering (PSE), Power Systems Automation – EPMS (PSA), Power Systems Controls (PSC), Microgrid systems engineering, Partial Discharge analysis, Transient and Ferroresonance analysis, Utility and Industrial Cybersecurity and Field Service Engineering (FSE). The group also supports external customers in cases where highly-specialized skills and experience are needed. This group is active in technical societies such as IEEE and collaborates with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge engineering techniques.
The primary purpose of this position is to drive the development of an effective and skilled engineering organization. In order to build and maintain a world class engineering organization the team will provide expert guidance in lead a team in providing applied engineering, technical consultation, mentoring and training to EESS personnel and end customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, automation, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
- Direct team of engineering specialists and advisory engineers to act as instructors, technical mentors and back up for PSE, PSA, PSC, Microgrid systems engineering, Partial Discharge, Transient and Ferroresonance analysis, Utility and Industrial Cybersecurity and FSE personnel.
- Provide support for engineering staff on specialized technical questions, with specific emphasis on developing further expertise in technical leaders.
- Ensure an effective and skilled engineering organization through technical needs assessments and development/deployment of training programs to address identified needs.
- Evidence of an effective team would include:
- Increase in targetted technical skills throughout organization as measured via regularly-updated skills inventory
- Increased efficiency of front-line employees as a result of technical skills growth
- Increased penetration of technical offerings due to increasing EESS skill levels in targeted geographical areas (example: documented number and distribution of employees engaged in specific technical courses developed and/or led by team members)
- Measurable increase in revenue from targeted technical work
- Contributes to engineering capability through recruiting, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the operation.
- Provide technical sales and marketing support to sales engineers to help drive sales in the consulting and engineering business.
- Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers. Facilitate teaming to support customers and/or industries.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensures direct reports are in strict compliance with safety policies.
- Be current with best practices in the industry and ensure that Eaton maintains market leading engineering expertise and world-class service.
- Works with Operations Excellence to ensure continuous improvement of engineering best practices, systems, and technology
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with power distribution, control products, or power systems engineering, automation, or field service practices.
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of an Eaton Electrical Engineering Services office OR a home office in the United States.
- Expertise within any of the following: Power Systems Engineering (PSE), Power Systems Automation – EPMS (PSA), Power Systems Controls (PSC), Microgrid systems engineering, Partial Discharge analysis, Transient and Ferroresonance analysis, Utility and Industrial Cybersecurity and Field Service Engineering (FSE).
- Master of Electrical Engineering or Master of Business Administration
- PE License or equivalent
- Senior Member – IEEE
- Advanced knowledge of power distribution, control products, as well as power systems engineering practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people
- Demonstrated understanding of a fiscal entity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time