Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Technical Lead Analyst
Eaton Corporate Sector has an opening for :
IT Technical Lead Analyst
Location: Hungary - Budapest
This role will provide implementation services and consulting related to all Server and Storage Platforms across the Enterprise. The successful candidate must possess a detailed technical understanding of Enterprise Server, Virtualization and Storage Technologies. Follows Eaton technical and functional processes and methodologies, creates documentation, and takes the technical lead on platform projects.
- Performs platform delivery related to infrastructure design, implementation and upgrade of Windows Server hardware and Operating Systems, Vmware, Storage Systems, Backup technologies as well as Unix and Linux systems.
- Analyzes project request for adherence to platform standards and best practices. Maps requirements with appropriate platform technology standards to provide best system solutions.
- Work within Eaton IT procurement processes for platform hardware and software acquisition worldwide.
- Understands the components of project planning and is able to break down large tasks into smaller components. Provides estimates for effort and schedules to group leaders, Project Managers and customers as required.
- Is taking the technical lead on projects, following Eaton IT project management processes. Is supporting the Project Manager on documenting scope, and plans project tasks in terms of work breakdown structure, effort, and schedule. Records actual effort and schedule and reports on variances. Uses experience to improve future estimates. Informs team manager and related stakeholders of significant variances and project issues.
- Identifies multiple alternatives to fulfill business needs. Defines pro’s and con’s for each alternative to make educated and thorough decisions. Engages group leader as appropriate in decision making process.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies, creates technical designs based on documented requirements and standards.
- Teams with customer to address concerns and assess needs. Is able to converse with customers in non-technical language, keeping acronyms and concepts understandable
- Anticipates customer needs and is proactive in providing technical solution and high level of quality in delivery.
- Works a standard business day. May need to be available outside of normal business hours for implementations. May travel for training, business meetings, project implementations and support
- Utilizes QOS, Portfolio and other internal tools to provide measurement and metrics on work processes.
- Analyzes and solves problems independently, quickly, and completely, with appropriate communication to customers, stakeholders and leadership.
- Coordinates with vendor/supplier resources as well as other enterprise IT teams in order to complete project work
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal).
- 5-7 years (relevant) IT experience; in supporting enterprise-scale systems/network operations and deploying Windows/Linux/Unix servers and Infrastructure services (AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SCCM, group policy administration, etc.) in both physical and virtual environments
- The ability to isolate and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Expertise in designing and implementing infrastructure solutions including virtualization, backup and disaster recovery
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Basic ITIL knowledge such as Change Management or CMDB
- In-depth technical experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012 & 2016) OS building and administration
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft services such as Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS)
- Scripting to improve administration and/or automation. (Powershell, PowerCLI)
- Citrix/XenApp and Windows Remote Desktop administration
- Physical Server Hardware
- Virtualization Technology (Vmware 5.5, 6, 6.5), building and administration
- Storage – Vmware vSAN and EMC products (VNX)
- Backup technologies
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time