Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Supplier Development Engineer
Use technical process expertise in Steel, casting and casting machining, forging and forging machining (Exclude Gear & Shaft), including design feasibility analysis, tooling and/or fixture design, and process development, to drive the successful launch of machined or cast components within the Global Supply Base; drive continuous improvement actions such as Lean Manufacturing, Scrap Reduction, Design Improvements, and Capability Improvements in the machined component commodity supply base; solve significant or systemic quality issues in the commodity supply base to support Eaton’s regional operations.
- 5-10 years plant commodity manufacturing experience (Steel, casting and casting machining, forging and forging machining (Exclude Gear & Shaft))
- Technical degree in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in using quality tools/methodologies(PPAP, APQP, SPC)
- Working toward or certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Knowledge of Automotive Industry specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949 / IATF16949)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacture
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to think strategically
- Speaks English as a primary/secondary language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time