Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Embedded Linux – C developer
Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Embedded Linux – C developer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
Embedded Linux- C developer will develop firmware for Eaton UPS & PDU connectivity cards.
The connectivity cards enable remote monitoring and management of Eaton Power Quality products such as UPS and ePDU in IT environments.
This position requires an individual with experience in IoT, Web and Firmware coding for Linux platform. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong ability to learn fast in this highly moving technology environment. The position will require significant interface with our internal Eaton teams, in Finland, France and US. Consistent with the Eaton philosophy, the individual will be responsible for tracking quality measurements relating to software design and delivery and will use that knowledge to develop plans for continuous improvement.
The main goal of the current project is integration of new network communication module into the large-scale UPS system and replace part of the internal UPS logic.
• Develop embedded FW in C.
• SW development for Linux.
• Execute unitary and integration test of designed FW.
• Designs and develops solutions for customer’s problems.
• Contributes to achieving planning objectives.
• Contributes to validation plan definition.
• Periodically reports to Project Leader.
• Education: Engineer, M.S. or equivalent experience in the field
• Good knowledge and experience in
Linux, Unix and operating systems in general
Programming languages (C)
Embedded devices programming
Multi-thread applications development
• Following specialties are nice to have
Experience with CAN-Bus, basic understanding of Power Electronics
Power Chain in Data Centers (UPS, PDU)
Network protocols (HTTP, SSL, SSH, …)
Other languages (shell, Perl, Python, …)
Experience with fork-merge development (github)
Experience with Continuous Integration
• Ability to work in agile team
• Analytical skills for problem solving with focus on simple solutions
• Good written & oral communications skills
• Good presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate in English
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
• Diverse working environment - open and professional atmosphere at all management levels
• Focus on people, learning & development
• On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
• Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
• Flexible working hour
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time