Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Eaton's manufacturing facility in Arden, NC has an opening for an Engineering Technician for the Low Voltage Assembly product line.
The Lead Engineering Technician (Mechanical) is responsible for utilizing CAD technology to make original layouts or drawings involving new or existing standard apparatus and/or process more complex customer orders, interpreting and working from design specifications, oral instruction or sketched concepts. The essential functions are:
- Using Computer Aided Design (CAD) develop schematics, wiring diagrams, motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design.
- Calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights electrical, circuit parameters and similar items.
- Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions.
- Coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer order project.
- Consult with engineers or higher classified personnel on problems relating to a design or customer order project.
- Consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information.
- Fabricate more complex (model) prototypes; set up more complex laboratory tests or experiments requiring some ingenuity.
- Gather, review and interpret data for presentation to engineers or managers.
- Checks work to assure conformance with quality standards.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering or drafting & design or a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
- An understanding of math, physics, chemistry, and machine design theory
- Hands on manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of CAD and basic drafting principles.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve customer and manufacturing problems in data gathering in order to provide solutions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time