Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant will be based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
The primary function of the Accountant role is to provide the accounting, compliance and reporting support to the Vehicle Group headquarters. This position will require a high level of analysis and problem solving skill and the ability to communicate effectively across functional lines. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, highly analytical, process improvement oriented, and demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results within a global, growing, and profitable business..
- Prepares general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closing. Compiles monthly balance sheet analysis and account reconciliations on key accounts to ensure accruals and reserve balances are adequate and support documentation is provided.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial plan (Profit Plan).
- Assists in budget reporting and variance analysis for functional and engineering departments; including management reporting and supporting documentation, explanation and corrective actions on variances.
- Supports Time and Project Accounting requirements for the Vehicle Product Development, Marketing and Planning organization and Government Funded Projects.
- Supports accounting for fixed asset and capital projects. Evaluates capital spending for compliance with corporate guidelines, completes project setups in systems, researches spending variances, meets with project leads to review project capitalization status, completes capitalization in Oracle and leads fixed asset audits.
- Investigates and resolves inter-company out of balances. Works with non-US locations to resolve aged inter-company invoices while gaining a better understanding of monthly line item costs on invoices while ensuring proper expense recognition.
- Partners with SCM to resolve payable issues impacting balance sheet accounts
- Oversees payment processing for Galesburg campus including submitting check requests in Markview, supporting the working fund and managing all Vehicle Group Headquarter intercompany invoicing.
- Completes monthly and annual corporate RSD schedules for Vehicle Group Headquarter ledgers.
- Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution OR completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution by May of 2018 is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- One year of experience in accounting, finance, or credit is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Sound understanding of internal controls
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information
- Team-oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management and with different functions
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Attention for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a multi-task project environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time