Employee & Labor Relations Manager
Eaton's Corporate Headquarter has an opening for a:
Employee & Labor Relations Manager
Location: Baden-Baden, Bonn or Home office in city close to an international airport
Work closely with all Eaton functions, primarily human resources to create and drive labor relations strategy within the assigned cluster (Germany, Netherlands and Austria) and support EMEA projects that require Labor Relations expertise.
Proactively identifying risks, mitigations and implementing the actions to best position Eaton as an employer of choice.
Ensure that labor relations practitioners are properly trained, and that all policies and practices are legally compliant and consistent with the Eaton Philosophy and Eaton Business System initiatives.
- Develop labor strategies, objectives, and action plans for country in the cluster and individual locations, as applicable and drive commonality wherever possible.
- Work closely with operations leadership to ensure that labor relations practices are consistent with operational strategies and conducive to success.
- Act as a non-participant advisor to local collective negotiations and bargain directly as required.
- Develop strong partnership with country HR leaders, key functional HR leaders and operations management leaders in order to support management of employees’ representatives in an effective manner avoiding disruptions to the business and minimizing any limits to management flexibility.
- Ensure that business is aligned and tackles emerging employment issues in a consistent and strategic manner.
- Provide Labor Relations expert support to help anticipate and address complex situations and create solutions on.
- Guide labor relations issues in potential acquisition and divestiture decisions.
- Build organizational capability in labor relations in cluster. Develop and deliver training as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of Works Council/Trade union activity in labor relations.
- Participate in external organization such as “employer associations” to stay current with development in labor relations law, practices, and policies in the region.
- Act as primary contact in the department for ensuring smooth deployment of technology and/or IT tool that collects Personal Individual Information (including survey) for all businesses and all EMEA countries.
- Masters’ degree or equivalent experience in labor law or industrial relations.
- 7-10 years of experience in an HR Operational role including Employee & Labor Relations responsibilities
- Willingness to grow a career in Employee & Labor Relations
- Substantial labor law experience and experienced in dealing with works councils and employee representatives
- Strong knowledge of HR practices/policies
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Coaching/facilitation/conflict management skills
- High level of soft skills to build robust business-focused relationship and influence others to achieve outcome
- Capable of driving and managing change initiatives and delivering on project outcomes
- Understanding of the dynamics of operating in a large, highly complex global business environment
- Proficient in computer software, Microsoft office
- Fluent in English and German
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time