Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Demand Planner, SCM
This position is responsible for developing, analyzing, establishing, and executing the SIOP plan. The incumbent will then execute the plan by communicating the procurement requirements to our vendors. This individual will also maintain an acceptable level of inventory by SKU to support the marketing forecast and Fill Rate service level targets, in conjunction with the businesses inventory investment targets.
- Incorporate the Marketing forecast into the Forecast/Procurement/Capacity plan.
- Maintain and adjust Planning Bills, Min/Max, Forecasts, Safety Stock to achieve targeted service levels.
- Communicate 30-60-90 day procurement plan to vendors and follow up with vendors on a weekly basis.
- Communicate and monitor the procurement/capacity schedule for your assigned products and communicate supply and/or capacity concerns.
- Provide actual shipment details within Forecast/Production Plan to compare forecast accuracy.
- Manage inventory in relation to Fill Rate levels and inventory targets.
- Monthly analyze inventory levels data, including materials requirements planning information to establish stocking policies.
- Review slow moving inventories and take appropriate actions with Marketing and Finance to reduce inventory levels for identified SKU’s.
- Coordinate with Quality and the supplier on Non-Conforming material for timely disposition.
- Communicate with NAFSC (North American Financial Service Center) to clear on hold invoices within a timely manner to avoid supply interruptions or penalties. And to meet personal and divisional goals.
- Develop inventory and procurement plan based on historical review, Marketing and Eaton location forecasts.
- Communicate with Marketing on changes to stocking policies to ensure systems are in alignment.
- Coordinate with EatonCare, Marketing and multiple plants, as appropriate, on supply related issues.
- Create and maintain Planning Bills, Min/Max, Forecasts, UF2 targets, and Safety Stock Review
- Ensure timely planning and execution of manufacturing and purchase orders to achieve fill rates and customer demand and fill rate objectives.
- Analyze Stock Fill Rate failures to develop and execute corrective actions.
- Communicate material supply issues to plant locations, Customer Service and /or Marketing as appropriate.
- Utilize various planning techniques (min/max. SS, planning bills etc.).
- Utilize kanban processes to support material availability and reduce cycle time.
Analyze, maintain and approve purchasing and discrete workorder workbench.
- Create and reschedule procurement orders for material to support stocking policies and fill rate objectives.
- Work with purchasing to communicate with suppliers on material quality, on-time deliveries & overall performance failures.
- Engagement to support cost reduction projects such as premium freight and other improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- Submit cost reduction ideas as appropriate.
- Where appropriates, Adopt Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Review and analyze purchase resale data on a quarterly basis for possible stocking opportunities.
- University Degree or College Diploma or higher
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80km of Perth, ON to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Sound knowledge of products and systems purchasing and accounting policies.
Strong problem solving expertise with excellent time management capabilities.
Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
Strong data analysis and problem solving skills required
- Ability to learn multiple supportive systems to enhance planning and supplier management
- Degree specializing in Business or Materials Management
- 2 or more years of supply chain/ planning experience preferred
- CAPIC or APICS Certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of purchasing techniques and supplier management with advanced computer skills especially in MS Office and database management.
- ERP experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No