Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Controls Engineer
- Leads troubleshooting activities on malfunctioning production machinery, equipment and software. Must be capable of effectively solving problems in the manufacturing environment while abiding by all applicable safety regulations and polices.
- Analyze legacy applications and make recommendations for how to upgrade or replace the hardware and/or software in order to ensure long term sustainability.
- Perform upgrades to legacy software in order to support new hardware, changes in third party software or Eaton mandated software changes.
- Works with manufacturing engineers to develop and evaluate capital appropriation requests (CAR's) for new products, processes, programs and initiatives.
- Coordinates with local engineering resources and outside vendors to develop functional specifications for new manufacturing machinery and software purchases.
- Leads the commissioning of new manufacturing machinery and software including installation, debugging, validation testing and communication of changes.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with other functional areas including: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control and Production Scheduling.
- Capable of leading cross functional root cause and failure analysis teams. Applies critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork skills to resolve issues and prevent them from reoccurring.
- Plays an active role in assessment processes within the manufacturing environment. May act as a category lead or champion during an assessment process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience on Allen-Bradley PLC systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in reading, marking up and updating blue prints, wiring diagrams and electrical schematics and one line drawings
- Experience in designing and deploying various PLC hardware and software – RSLogix5, 500 &5000, Semins Step 7, Allen-Bradley HMI systems, VB.Net and C#
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to design and deploy AB and Siemens based PLC control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot AB and Siemens based PLC control systems.
- Ability to trouble shoot legacy software programs based in VB6.
- Proficiency in various programing languages - VB6, VB.Net, C#, SQL, Ladder Logic
- Proficiency in various software applications - MS Office, MS Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, AutoCAD, Factory Talk, SAP
- Experience with National Instruments LabView and PC based I\O systems.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, etc).
- Experience with Eaton and other brands of variable speed drives.
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety/guarding requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, 5S, etc. Ability to grasp modern technology.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time