Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Strategic Buyer
The Eaton Titchfield site:
Is currently recruiting for a:
- This position purchases assigned items such as specific commodities, machinery, precision tools, test equipment,
- Ensuring the meeting of quality, delivery, and specification requirements are at the lowest possible cost.
- They will be sourcing new suppliers,
- negotiate prices/terms and conditions
- Assess supplier performance, requests corrective action when required, and expedites material orders to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
- Negotiates contractual terms regarding quantity, price, delivery, quality, freight routings, and other standard or special contract terms
- Evaluates current and potential sources of supply to identify and prioritize areas requiring new sources of supply or performance improvements
- Expedites supplier material, where required, to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable on billing and/or credit issues
- Coordinates the return, rework, or exchange of defective materials
- Supports cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials
Full understanding of Purchasing negotiation techniques and tactics.
Full understanding of Supply Chain Management, including: inventory control, cost out,
Spplier risk management and MRP systems.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, including value stream mapping, would be advantageous
A proven track record in communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
Must have a high degree of self-motivation and be pro-active.
Needs to be flexible with a positive attitude with the ability to motivate others.
A proven track record in achieving business goals.
Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Platforms and MRP systems
Displays a high degree of self-motivation and pro-activity.
Needs to be flexible with a positive attitude
Needs to be a team player
Working knowledge of Microsoft Platforms and MRP systems.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Platforms and MRP systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No