Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Validation & Laboratory Technician
EATON (www.eaton.com) is a global technology leader in diversified power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely and sustainably. EATON’s Power Quality Division designs and manufactures solutions that meet the highest protection requirements of mission critical environments such as data centers. These fast changing solutions require a high level of expertise to support our customers and provide products which fit market requirements.
The Validation & laboratory technician is part of the engineering team and is expected to perform all tests needed to ensure quality and reliability of the products designed and developed within PQED.
1. Set up and performs electronic tests
2. Serves as electronic expert during product development
3. Serves as troubleshooter when quality issue happens
4. Provides test reports in English and French
5. Participates to extend lab competencies
6. Participates to sustaining activities
7. Maintains the quality of test devices and laboratory equipment
8. Deals with standard agencies to keep product’s certification
9. Maintains and enhances security level in the laboratory according Eaton’s rules
- Electronics/Computer science Diploma (Swiss diploma: Technician ET / French diploma: BTS)
- Laboratory skills (experience minimum 5 years in a laboratory environment)
- Knowledge/interest for development boards (C#, TI Sitara, Raspberry PI, Beagleboard, Pandaboard, SheevaPlug, …)
- Knowledge/interest for IT, ability to setup a small network.
- Good written & oral communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills, Curious, organized, ability to work on different topics/ projects in parallel, team worker and good communicant.
- Fluent in French and English
- Knowledge of international standards is a plus
- Organized and rigorous
- Ability to communicate
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No