Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Engineer - Commercial and Industrial Wiring Devices
The Product Engineer is a key member of the team in managing assignments to meet objectives under the guidance of a Product Manager. Primary responsibilities at this level include leading cross-functional teams, managing projects, new product execution, performing business analysis and tracking and supporting the product managers with overall brand marketing management.
- Supports the product managers by implementing strategic product and business plans targeting markets, industries and customers
- Works with product managers to improve profit and return on investment of product lines.
- Undertakes and leads cost reduction, capacity planning and quality improvement projects within established guidelines
- Forecasting product, SKU rationalization, packaging and graphics changes, and item master data maintenance
- Reviews and approves special pricing requests, maintains price list and develops pricing strategies for new and existing products under the direction of a product manager
- With assistance from product manager, leads new product development activity
- Develops product promotion and commercialization plans including sales tools, literature, distribution, stocking, training and sampling
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to reduce finished goods inventory and E&O
- Develops and maintains knowledge base for electrical codes and standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in new product development
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the electrical industry
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Power distribution experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role that demonstrates analytical and leadership abilities, time management, and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Master’s degree in Business or Engineering Preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in new product development using a Phase Gate process; engineering experience preferred
- Experience with residential and commercial electrical codes and standards such as UL, IEC, ASHRAE etc
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to drive out cost and improve product profitability
- Capable of developing test and validation plans as part of the New Product Development process
- Ability to analyze the industry, integrate disparate information into a coherent story and actionable strategy
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time