Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Participate in one of 3 Value Steams with direct production employee reports, and other indirectly influenced cross-functional team members to achieve shared business goals.
Facilitate assembly or component manufacture schedules in a Department (sub-value Stream) by leading a production team comprised of skilled Leads, Technicians, Machinists and Assemblers.
Coordinate Department staffing and overtime levels to achieve productivity and financial results.
Follow Supervisor’s Standard Work process and ensure all reports are following their Standardized Work processes. These actions will encompass approximately 50% of the workday.
Maintain a high level of morale through positive employee relations, and drive for a culture of continuous improvement. Lead by example.
Establish and monitor goals, provide performance feedback, establish development plans and provide coaching to direct reports.
Maintain effective communication with other shifts, departments and management. Ensure cross functional sharing of resources to meet plant goals.
Leverage the Eaton Business Systems (EBS) values, tools and practices in order to drive performance excellence. Work with Operations Excellence partners (Lean, Quality, and Safety) to achieve continuous improvement results and foster a continuous improvement culture.
Review safety procedures and ensure safe working conditions to minimize employee risk to injury. Drive a zero tolerance safety culture.
Maintain accurate inventory levels and keep the transaction accuracy within compliance to accounting policy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering from an accredited institution.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with machining and CNC equipment.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean/Six Sigma trainings or certifications
- Union environment experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time