Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Manager - Residential/Light Commercial
- Position holds P&L accountability for assigned products and business.
- Establish Profit Plan sales goals of business unit and direct the resources of the Marketing department to ensure these goals and objectives are met.
- Develop the Business Plan for the products and business. This includes: available market, market segmentation, competitive situation, market trends and drivers, target markets and customers, investment required, potential revenue/financial analysis, and recommendations.
- Manage pricing/position strategies in relation to competitive market pressures and margin trends to ensure corporate objectives are met.
- Manage the introduction of all new products, including: pricing, profit goals, promotional materials, release plans, forecast and inventory planning.
- Manage and coordinate Marketing Communications activities to ensure that corporate positioning is consistent with business plan strategies.
- Manage product market strategies to maximize sales and profit potential. Manage product development priorities, product specifications, system functionality, and budget tradeoffs.
- Manage the interactions between the sales force and the Marketing department to focus product development to strategic customer/industry needs.
- Ensure that appropriate business policies, practices, and relationships are established and maintained with customers and channel partners.
- Ensure that the needs of the General Sales Force for direction, information, tools, and training are met to enable them to exceed sales goals.
- Focus the product lines to ensure that the portfolio is well defined, understood, and communicated both internally and externally. Actively support cross-product line/business unit function’s to further enhance Eaton’s total solution of offering to the customer.
- Supervise and manage the performance of assigned staff. Ensures proper compliance of Corporate policies, while creating an environment that promotes development and goal achievement.
- Perform other duties as required to achieve departmental and Business Unit objectives.
- Diploma in Engineering, Operations or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in strategic marketing, sales or engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 200 km radius of the Burlington, ON facility will be considered.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in residential & light commercial products including load centers, meter sockets & meter stacks, marina power, generators, residential ATS & surge.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a leader of people
- Previous marketing and sales experience in the form of a product manager, product engineer, marketing specialist or outside sales
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of different organizational levels.
- Prior experience in developing product roadmaps, positioning strategy, price management, value proposition development and launching new products.
- Experience working with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, finance and multiple sales channels.
- Must be experienced in facilitating customer meetings and delivering presentations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time