Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Tester II 2nd Shift
- Review and asses all test procedure specifications, and test data requirements.
- Perform mechanical and electrical tests, using equipment, such as; Pressure gauges, insulation resistors, dielectric testers, multi-meters, Ohm meters, pressure transducers and power supply.
- Test product following Acceptance Test Procedures, written work instructions and referenced documents.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & schematics, follow written and verbal instructions.
- Build / fabricate own setup following diagrams / schematics, using existing fixtures and tooling, and connect them onto a variety of test systems.
- Fasten products to be tested to test equipment, monitors test and test environment, analyze test results, record, ensure data integrity and submit all required paperwork.
- Operate and handle test equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Follow and comply with all safety rules and requirements, which include proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Support company Lean Initiatives (Continuous Improvement ), keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards, and maintain reports and check list.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours (Overtime)
- Work under general supervision, and refer problems and questionable work to Lead Tester and/or Production Test Supervisor
- Must perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in Fuel, Hydraulic and/or Pneumatic Testing
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge of simple math including the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers
- Must be able to work a 2nd/Split Shift Schedule, overtime and/or weekends when needed
- Ability to use direct reading and fixed gauges
- Able to read blueprints and schematics
- Detailed Oriented
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Works Independently
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Continuous Improvement
- Follow Safety Practices & Procedures
- Previous work experience in either the Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Airline Maintenance industries
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time