Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Drives Training Lead
Eaton located in Watertown, WI has an opening for a Drives Training Lead.
Support the variable speed drives product line through the development and implementation of a broad product and application training program in the following areas:
Manage and expand our comprehensive, multi-tier variable speed drives product training program for sales, distributors and customers
Manage the existing program that is both on-line (web based) and in-person and includes start-up and service certification
Conduct the instructor led start-up & commissioning certification training at Eaton and Customer sites
Manage, develop and grow a field based training network through Reps and Distributors
Coordinate the marketing and communication of the variable speed drives training program
Drive continuous improvement in the sales/customer training materials, processes and experience
In addition, this position would support the Drives TRC group for start-up and troubleshooting support for customers when necessary.
Set variable speed drive training strategic vision and manage resources (human and budget) to achieve sales and market share growth of the product line.
- Lead the development of training course material for both open and enclosed drives, processes, and documentation and evaluate effectiveness of the training program using quantitative metrics.
- Develop and launch online training modules ranging from motor & drive basics, HVAC & Industrial drive startup to advanced drive applications.
- Develop and maintain training & certification process for drives startup commissioners across all regions of the country including ongoing communication and update program.
- Responsible for creating, managing and conducting in person one to three day drives training sessions.
- Support the training required for any new open or enclosed drive launched into US market.
- Manage and complete multiple projects on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Support the Drives Technical Resource Center (TRC) in customer startup and troubleshooting when required.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with variable frequency drive products
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in product training, customer service or technical support
- Experience developing online training courses
- Experience in drives field service
- Results-driven and self-motivated
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft applications
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Incumbent must have excellent reasoning skills and ability to act on them to ensure quality of work
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time