Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames using hand tools and power tools
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences or units
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements
- May disassemble and assemble product that is returned for repair and/or overhaul
- Will utilize hand tools such as pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, micrometers, calipers and indicators
- Use routing sheets, operating instruction sheets or other documentation to ensure proper assembly of parts. Perform visual inspection of units during the assembly process and at completion of assembled units.
- Determine tooling and special gauging required to complete work
- Assist with training new Assemblers
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Minimum three (3) years’ previous work experience in Mechanical Assembly
No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Strong communication skills & works well in a team environment
Ability to work from written instructions such as blueprints or other work instructions
Experience with inspection tools such as calipers, depth mic, micrometers, high gauges, etc.
Good dexterity and experience working with small pieces of hardware
Previous work experience within an Aerospace and/or Manufacturing environment
Lock wire and safety wire experience
Experience in setup and use of XY plotter, oscilloscopes, and pressure transducer
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time