Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Product Engineer
- The Senior Engineer typically has 3 to 10 years of experience.
- This position reports to R&D Manager
- The Senior Engineer utilizes advanced tools in problem solving and project management to solve technical issues.
- Technical and/or Project Leader for large projects or multiple small projects. Internal & external communication is critical to the success of the role.
- To reach this level the person would have mastered and consistently demonstrated the skills and requirements of an Engineer.
- A promotion to this level focuses on the performance, skill level, and a demonstrated pattern of accomplishments rather than years of work experience.
- Specific Fluid Conveyance Engineering knowledge
- Develop new Rubber and PVC compounds , qualify and launch into production.
- Run projects together with universities funded by Tübitak/Teydeb (government organization) in order to achieve product and process effectiveness.
- Advance knowledge on operation of RPA (Rubber Process Analyzer) , TGA (Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer) , DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) and FTIR (Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy) testing equipment.
- This position presents a wide range of Material Science knowledge and expertise along with experience in many types of fabrication, processing and testing. This results in the ability to support Rapid Prototyping and the best possible cost controls.
- Coordinate of all tests and processing results to decide for finalizing whether a new test is needed (internal or on customer’s site).
- Follow the technological advances and advise new rubber materials, adhesives and processing technologies through learning and keeping current with new developments in materials and adhesives, material processing, and material applications via on-line research and reading, industry periodicals, trade shows, seminars, conferences and constant contact with material and equipment suppliers.
- Participate with the Operation Team, Quality and Engineering on Continuous Improvement initiatives and in real-time problem solving of issues that can and will effect throughput, product quality, and deliveries.
- Work closely together with the sales and product managers and give technical support in order to develop innovative products and services for the customers.
- Further development of skills through industry conferences, training, and technical literature.
- Manage all compound testing by using ETRS system.
- Attend to costumer visit and make technical presentation; follow up production processes in order to make adjustments of the compound formulation if necessary.
- Follow up hydraulic hose standard revisions and if necessary start new qualification process for compounding.
- Manage benchmarking tests and evaluate test reports.
- Process improvement, claim handling and evaluation of new and alternative raw materials, compound trials and comparison tests.
- Manage all ERP (MfgPRO) system activities.
- Conduct Costumer 360 activities.
- Ensure all procedures are followed, including regulated global products per REACH , FDA , RoHS and European Regulations guidelines.
- Manage and attend all new compound mixing and extrusion trials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering , Materials and Process Engineering or Chemistry (M.Sc. or PhD degree in Polymer or Material Science preferable)
Excellent level of English both verbally and in writing (additional German language knowledge is a plus)
Strong polymer chemistry, rubber chemistry, and advance materials aptitude required.
Ability to follow up advanced professional chemistry principles and practices.
DFSS tools including Design of Experiments (DOE)
Statistical Process Control –Minitab knowledge is required.
A thorough technical knowledge of the product line the incumbent is managing, that includes product design, test and evaluation, material properties and specifications and the manufacturing methods and processes.
Sharp analytical, problem solving and interpretation skills.
An understanding of the current strategic plans of Fluid Conveyance Engineering.
The ability to effectively supervise people and motivate subordinates, while maintaining organizational harmony and meeting scheduled deadlines.
To initiate preventive, rather than corrective, engineering action.
Strong problem solving and project management, new product development skills.
Ability to collaborate with chemist peers in remote global locations.
Effective communication skills.
Ability to work with functions outside of Engineering for the common good of Eaton.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No