Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton's Hydraulic Division has an opening for a:
Location: Havant, United Kingdom
Material Planner will plan, release, schedule, expedite and monitor materials required for production; manage daily inventory and supplier schedules; analyse, coordinate and communicate detailed production planning material requirements. The Material Planner will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
• Ensures planning data parameters of items (order policies, safety stock level, make/buy, lead-times for manufactured parts)
• Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
• Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
• Expedites material, where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
• Analyses data, including enterprise requirements planning (ERP) information. Prepare reports as required to facilitate and recommend actions that ensures optimal supply chain execution.
• Maintains the accuracy and validity of the item master and related planning data in the ERP system through regular reviews of the item planning data that ensures MRP processing is being driven by accurate planning data.
• Analyses data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs through regular review of Inventory planning parameters that includes Min & Max values, number of Kanbans, reorder point, safety stock and lot sizes (order quantities).
• Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
• Ensures Work Orders, Repetitive Schedules and KanBan’s are controlled and released at a set production level in alignment with system demand with an expected and predictable throughput time.
• APICS CPIM Certification preferable not essential
• Manufacturing industry experience
• Experience and knowledge of ERP MRP systems (preferably MFG Pro)
• Material scheduling experience, six-sigma skills and knowledge
• Detail orientated analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively within teams
• Negotiation skills
• Results focused
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Production and inventory management
• MS Office proficiency
What Eaton offers:
• Permanent contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time