Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET)
Center for Connected and Intelligent Solutions has an opening for Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET)at Eaton’s India Innovation center. The SET will be involved in contributing to design & development of enterprise grade software applications encompassing functionality from data acquisition through feature-rich user interfaces and to the development of a shared, reusable, secure, scalable software platforms. We provide critical differentiation for our customers by delivering a scalable system to monitor critical infrastructure that connects to a vast array of devices regardless of make or model, and provides real-time, historical, and predictive data analysis capabilities.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer in Test who can develop the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore and interact with information and devices. As a member of an creative, motivated and talented team, we need our SET to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You will support the design enterprise software solutions, generate IP, plan and execute field trials to understand their needs, and work closely with the team and internal customers to assess business impact and constraints, leveraging the latest software technologies.
• Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
• Design and implement robust, scalable, high quality Test automation suites to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
• Execute black, gray, and white box test cases in a multi-platform cross browser environment and against platform APIs.
• Must be able to develop, execute, and maintain automated tests using Python, Java, or C#.
• Assist defining strategies for load and performance testing.
• Identify opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
Validate official customer product releases as needed to support the target release schedule.
Expected to develop an understanding of Eaton’s Agile development process and integrate daily product development activities as necessary to work within its constraints.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Computer/Electrical/ Electronics Engineering Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering
• 6+ years of experience in Software development and Test or Test tool development with proven track record of validating high quality products.
• 5+ years of experience in Python, Java, or C#.
• 2+ years of experience testing applications utilizing database technologies
• 2+ years of experience in software testing harness/tools
• Experience & deep knowledge in automation frameworks and conducting API-level test automation, demonstrated on 2+ projects.
• Extensive experience with Pytest, or similar build and unit testing frameworks.
• Experience in writing integration tests using languages such as Python, Java, or C#
• Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
• Strong analytical, debugging and problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills; able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders.
• Individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles; strong self-learning and research ability.
• Able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must;.
• 2+ years of experience with industrial communications protocols (like ModBus, BACnet),
• Experience developing or enhancing complex/large scale test frameworks.
• Experience in Cybersecurity or security based testing
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time