Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Category Manager – Castings, Machined parts & Magnets.
Eaton Corporate Sector has an opening for :
Category Manager - Castings, Machined Parts & Magnets
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The purpose of this position is development and deployment of the category strategy for the whole region to drive optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery). Manage category spend of approximately $25 million, based on 2017 volume. Develop, deploy, and manage all related contracts. Develop & build a reliable – world class supplier base regionally & globally. Drive all defined and required steps and actions in order to fulfill requirements of the supplier management process. Develop market knowledge and expertise for category in charge in order to provide leadership guidance for whole organization in the region. Collaborate with other functions (operations, quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Create and deploy in the region category strategies for category / material field in charge: SMS developed and agreed / aligned with BU
- Optimize supplier base to drive the best cost and commercial conditions, quality and delivery performance: 5% cost reduction, net 90 as desired payment terms, DPPM and 100% delivery performance as the ultimate goal
- Drive Global Sourcing solutions for category strategy. Work closely with Procurement organizations in Asia and CEE: Target 70% of the overall category spend.
- Provide expertise knowledge and leadership guidance to the whole organization for category in charge. Create Annual Budget as part of Profit Planning for category in charge.
- Support New Product Developments to drive optimal cost for the whole organization in the region in line with short, medium and, long term strategies.
- Support Supplier Development, Quality and Supplier Quality Functions, and if necessary lead, any quality actions / discussions with suppliers to solve existing quality problems
- Monitor category supplier base performance: PPM / OTD
- Initiate and Monitor progress for any design optimization activities with suppliers and IDEAS
- This position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent and at least five years of supply chain experience.
- A technical education background considered as an advantage.
- Previous specific Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience considered as an advantage.
- Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing/ Assembly plant environment considered as an advantage
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
- Possesses sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out through disciplined Project Management.
- Desktop Analytics (MS Excel skills are a necessity)
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) is a must - Additional language (German or central Europe language) would be a strong plus.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time