Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - Software
Center for Connected and Intelligent Solutions has an opening for Senior Engineer – Software at Eaton’s India Innovation center. The Senior Engineer will be involved in contributing to design & development of enterprise grade software applications encompassing functionality from data acquisition through feature-rich user interfaces and to the development of a shared, reusable, secure, scalable software platforms. We provide critical differentiation for our customers by delivering a scalable system to monitor critical infrastructure that connects to a vast array of devices regardless of make or model, and provides real-time, historical, and predictive data analysis capabilities.
We are looking for Senior Engineer who can develop the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore and interact with information and devices. As a member of an creative, motivated and talented team, we need our Senior Engineer to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You will design enterprise software solutions, generate IP, plan and execute field trials to understand their needs, and work closely with the team and internal customers to assess business impact and constraints, leveraging the latest software technologies.
• Contribute to the software development efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, enterprise grade software applications.
• Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
• Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
• Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
• Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
• Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
• Author high-quality unit-tested code.
• Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs
Perform other duties as assigned.
Expected to develop an understanding of Eaton’s Agile development process and integrate daily product development activities as necessary to work within its constraints.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering
• 6+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products.
• Expert level skills in building WPF and Web Solutions using C# and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
• Knowledge in Azure/AWS or NoSQL (Hadoop, MongoDB).
• Experience in building/enhancing/maintaining IoT applications.
• Experience designing and using RESTful interfaces.
• 2+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
• Experience with web application frameworks and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
• Working knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
• Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
• Experience in an Agile Scrum methodology.
• Experience debugging issues anywhere in the stack.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
• Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
• Stays abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
• Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills.
• Experience in Linux or Unix environments.
• Experience on Big data and Mobile Software development technology.
• Exposure to DevOps, micro services and cybersecurity.
• Experience in implementing for communication protocols such as ModBus, BACnet/IP, etcBachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time