Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Lighting Division located in Peachtree City, GA is searching for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible to perform various aspects of the financial cycle including, providing support to the Controller and Accounting/Finance area, and ensuring compliance for SOX, Internal Controls, and EAE (Electronic Audit Evidence). The successful candidate will provide various sales reports, data analysis, and documentation as needed to assist with profitability measurements.
- Interpret and analyze customer agreements ensuring the integrity of financial information. Perform professional accounting responsibilities including, journal entries, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, accruals and month/year end closing process.
- Prepare business models to track back-end programs, interpret and analyze customer agreements ensuring the integrity of financial information.
- Provide various sales reports and data analysis to the sales staff to assist with profitability measurements.
- Prepare monthly accrual summaries and reconciliations.
- Review daily billing activities and exception logs to examine for accuracy
- Deferred Revenue Recognition: Record revenues that are initially deferred when appropriate. Includes accounting for Extended Warranties
- Research and review SOD (Segregation of Duties) issues and their related mitigations
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve business processes and internal controls
- Perform month end/year end closing tasks
- Support facility compliance with GAAP/SOX and internal controls
- Prepare and analyze commission analysis reports
- Prepare, analyze and submit monthly/quarterly RSD schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in progressive finance/accounting roles.
- Relocation assistance not available for this position. Only candidates willing to work within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience with SAP and Business Warehouse.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel
- Experience with MS Access
- Knowledge of US GAAP/SOX
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong professional presence
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to operate and deliver independently
- Strong organizational and work management skills.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to set priorities.
- Learning agile.
- Works well with others, team members, excellent communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No