Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Human Resources
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton’s Lighting Division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. As the lighting industry expands beyond the traditional solutions of the past, no one is better equipped to help customers navigate the complexities of Connected Lighting, where fixtures will control more than ever imagined. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
We are dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their work. If YOU thrive in a creative, fast-paced, innovative environment, then our Supply Chain management team is looking for YOU!
Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Human Resources Manager at our large manufacturing plant in Juarez, Mexico.
The primary function of this position is to develop, implement, and coordinate the application of established human resource policies and systems, and ensures compliance with all elements of the Eaton Values & Philosophy.
• Strategically deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the business strategy and Eaton Values & Philosophy.
• Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor, and counselor for the plant leadership team and other managers.
• Lead talent acquisition (hourly and salaried) and development activities and drive talent review process to build organizational capability, supporting a high performance culture.
• Supports, coordinates, and facilitates induction training for factory and salaried employees. Monitors the employment of temporary contingent workers.
• Understand the plant strategy and long-term plans to drive the Organizational Capability Assessment process to identify and implement action plans to improve organizational capability.
• Provide advanced coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values & Philosophy.
• Develops and monitors local policies and procedures to ensure consistency and fairness among employees.
• Provides counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues.
• Provides support in the areas of compensation, benefits, and recognition. Administer compensation and reward programs to assure competitive pay practices through systems that reward superior employee performance.
• Drives the APEX performance management program.
• Champion employee survey improvement activities through analysis of survey data and identification of key improvement opportunities, providing direct support to survey improvement teams as appropriate.
• Champion and lead diversity and inclusion efforts, resulting in tangible benefits for the facility.
• Provide effective leadership and development of the HR team members.
• Provide input into the annual profit plan and manage department budget within specified authority.
• Ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations.
• Evaluates, develops, and analyzes available data to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve department and organization performance.
• BS or BA from an accredited institution
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources
• Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
• Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
• Legally authorized to work in Mexico
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
• Experience working in a union free environment in manufacturing or distribution
• Experience working in a maquiladora
• Supervisory experience
• Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
• Experience with positive employee relations and programs
• Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
• Analytical skills
• Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time