Business Development Manager - Fire Systems
LOCATION: IDEALLY ALONGSIDE THE M25, M1 OR M40 CORRIDORS
You will join our electrical fire sales team, part of a key strategic platform for Eaton, which is currently thriving after a re-organisation and investment in infrastructure and stockholding. The team have seen double digit growth in 2017, this is set to continue into 2018 and beyond with the launch of a new product platform planned for 2019. You will be responsible for developing our Systems Integrator business in a wide geographical area. This is an area which offers huge opportunities for growth and suitable for someone who thrives on generating new business opportunities whilst able to maintain existing relationships. We are looking for a dynamic electrical sales professional whose technical knowledge and soft skills will be paramount to acquire and build relationships with our Partners. You will be expected to spend about 4 days per week on the road.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual financial sales targets
- Develop and sustain strong, long-term customer relationships with existing System Integrators & Specifiers in this wide geographical area
- Actively target new System Integrators
- Create and develop a network of key specifiers in the area to feed System Integrators with new business opportunities
- Facilitate resolution of any customer issues; serve as a central resource for communications with the customer; champion customer needs and requirements
- Operating within the agreed pricing structure
- Ensure call rate targets are achieved and implement and follow an effective call plan
- Diligent stewardship of CRM software re customer visits and projects
- Keep up to date with market development, competition, new products, trends, opportunities
- Represent and promote the business in a professional and positive manner
- Solid electrical sales experience
- Sound understanding of electrical fire systems design and industry regulations
- Full UK driving license and willingness to commute extensively
Important notice: the successful candidate will be subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time