Eaton in Aurora, CO has a Quality Tech I- Weekend Shift opening.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
· Audit departments, systems, products and or processes for compliance and conformance to internal and customer requirements.
· Must know how to obtain, read and understand product specification requirements, such as part drawings, bill of materials, and spec sheets.
· Conduct containment and root cause analysis of quality errors/defects using 5-Whys
· Ability to use precision instruments to measure in-process or finished parts against a defined standard. Instruments would include the following: Rulers / Tape Measures / Protractors, Calipers, Pin Gauges
· Interpret reports and submit or present findings to the management staff during daily meetings
· Identify non-conforming material and assure material is properly handled per the defined quality system procedure. This includes accurately updating the defined tracking system.
· Serve as a resource/trainer for operators and plant personnel with regard to quality assurance matters and other areas of expertise
· Monitors quality system at cells/areas concerning labels, documentation, traceability, first piece samples, etc. for procedural adherence.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
· Knowledge of basic quality tools(sampling procedures, Pareto diagrams, Control Plans, and 5- Why problem solving )
· Knowledge of calibration, internal auditing, and general quality system knowledge
· Strong ethics, values and a positive attitude
· Ability to solve problems and take action developing solutions
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with coworkers in all functional areas and positions
· Ability to work in a work environment with minimal supervision
· Organization skills and must be detail oriented
· Part inspection requires that the individual be able to clearly read small writing on engineering drawings or machine print outs and must be able to distinguish color for part inspection
· Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as bend, stoop, and reach for up to 8 hours a day
· High school diploma or equivalent required from an accredited institution
· Minimum two years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment
· Minimum one year of experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system performing basic transactions
· No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
· Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
· SAP or Similar MRP system experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No