Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supply Chain Manager
The Eaton Sutton Site Are Currently Recruiting for a :
Senior Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing all Eaton MEDC Supply Chain related functions including materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of customer products, direct and indirect material purchasing, inventory control and warehousing, shipping and receiving.
Manages and directs supply chain personnel in the procurement, receipt, despatch and inventory control of material to ensure on time delivery to customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Is expected to train and educate direct reports in use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems and varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements. Forecasting, vendor management, scheduling, inventory control and factory planning are the key areas of responsibility and development in line with the Supply Chain strategy.
· Define supply chain strategy for MEDC business and achieve year on year budgeted improvements in material cost productivity
· Manager the current supplier base and build operational relationships with new suppliers
· Minimise stock shortages through inventory management
· Maintain and improve operational efficiency level through on time stock availability
· Oversee stock control, planning, purchasing and organizing incoming goods
· Direct management of supply chain and planning team leaders/supervisors.
· Ensuring site leading the development of cost saving initiatives for MEDC site.
· Compliance with company policies
· Prioritising and scheduling depending on production customer needs
· Manage inventory targets for all aspects of the business
· Supplier OTD and lead-time improvement.
· Manage internal OTD and improve to meet customer requests
· Utilizing HAC sourcing team to search and select suppliers for site
· Vendor quality / ppm.
· De-risk the existing supply chain through dual and re-sourcing activities. Ensuring early sourcing and supplier involvement in the NPD and NPI processes.
· Experience within a world class lean manufacturing environment .
· Ownership of the supply response to the demand forecast of the Sales & Operations Planning process. Prepares and organizes slides on a monthly basis covering labour, material and machine constraints.
· Supports business planning and investment required for people, supply base and capital in a rolling twelve month cycle.
· Monitor vendor performance regarding product quality, on-time delivery and conformance with commercial terms
· Work closely with external suppliers to deliver cost reduction, quality and delivery improvements.
· Contribute to re-engineering initiatives as they relate to supply chain planning.
· Responsible for ’reverse logistics’, such as collection of packaging for recycling, and the return of rejected or damaged goods.
· Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain
· Manage the MRP (SAP) module of the ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials to meet the production plan and customer orders, ensure date integrity and MRP message adherence
· Lead the achievement and maintenance of the specified inventory and E&O targets through the use of appropriate inventory optimization tools, whilst ensuring service levels to customers are met and not compromised. Develop an inventory strategy to ensure action plans are developed and root cause analysis of below target performance are identified and counter measures implemented
· Provide training, motivation and support to all of the team in supply chain management techniques. Use Apex to develop individuals and ensure objectives are met.
· Lead the push/pull communication strategy undertaken by the team, with other departments to achieve the effective and timely procurement of materials and planning of production, in line with the expectation of the customer base and the stocking requirements of the business.
· Ensure warehousing and logistics processes are aligned in the supply chain to meet customer expectations including the goods inwards management process and the management of the delivery fleet
We are looking for a hands on manager with significant man management experience
Excellent empathy skills, training skills and approachable in regards to explaining and delivering the importance of supply chain
Candidates must have implemented a strategy.
Experience of ERP / MRP or related product specific forecasting in a manufacturing or distribution environment, you must have worked with SAP
Must be able to communicate supply chain objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organization.
Must be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/DRP/ERP/CRM).
Proficient in MS Excel and Access.
Practical experience in the application of continuous improvement techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Proven commercial abilities, specifically negotiation skills
Candidates will currently be a supply chain manager for more than one site in a manufacturing environement or industrial engineerin
- End to end Supply Chain understanding
- Procurement knowledge / exposure
- Manufacturing background
- SME background or equivalent
- Cross-functional experience
- ERP/MRP proficient
- Demonstrable progression throughout career gained on merit
- Excellent interpersonal skills & problem solving skills
- A "hands on" attitude
- Ability to liaise with internal & external contacts at all levels
- Ability to thrive in a pressured, fast paced environment
- IT literate
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No