Lead Industrial Sales Engineer
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Columbus, OH has an immediate opening for a Lead Sales Engineer.
The primary function of the Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve electrical distribution and engineering services solutions sales results. This will be expected in the geographic market region consistent with the expectations of seasoned sales professionals. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
The primary functions include: understanding Eaton’s support structure available to sales, including EatonCare; understanding Eaton proprietary systems and software including Bidmanager and VISTA; applying technical knowledge for all products that are involved with the sales assignment; comprehension of project specifications and drawings; ability to gain confidence of customers and become a trusted source of information about Eaton offerings.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to :
1) Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements; 2) quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing; 3) prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness; 4) build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects; 5) work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues; 6) canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements; 7) assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions; 8) obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Columbus, OH to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Skilled in time management
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
- Experience working with Bidmanager and Vista
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time