Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Test Supervisor on 1st shift located in Sumter, SC. The position is a leader of people with multi-site responsibility.
The Electrical Test Supervisor will manage the personnel and activities of the production test and inspection roles for Panelboard & Switchboard products and multiple product lines to operate in a safe and effective manner in order to meet customer and company commitments for product/service quality and timeliness. The Electrical Test Supervisor will manage unit operations and schedules to ensure the most effective use of personnel, materials, equipment, and other company resources within assigned functional areas and defined production or operational budgets with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
- Promote a safe work environment while maintaining high levels of 5S+ across all product lines in the main plant and the Mission Critical facility.
- Serve as the customer liaison while coordinating, overseeing, and supporting customer witness tests.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including EHS, Quality, Front-end Support and Operations to ensure the continued application of quality standards to products and work processes in support of meeting customer expectations.
- Use data analysis software (i.e. Excel, Access & Minitab) in root cause analysis efforts, including 8D development/data analysis.
- Develop and Improve processes and procedures for continuous improvement in safety, standard work, operating processes, and test data collection and analysis to support the ongoing needs of the business.
- Develop and administer training and instructional programs to provide the necessary competencies to support the advancement of product technologies and safety.
- Directly manage electrical testers & inspectors team leaders for all quality. Monitor and address employee actions or behavior to ensure adherence with required policies, procedures, systems, and rules.
- Maintain current application of industry standards and OSHA requirements that are applicable to the equipment being tested.
- Manage schedules and planning efforts for the inspection and testing of customer orders.
- Plan, recommend, and justify annual goals and targets in accordance with operational needs, strategies, and objectives.
- Support the development and enforcement of guidelines for the design of test equipment for performing testing of power distribution and control or similar products.
- Develop test equipment specification ensuring compliance with NFPA 70E and OSHA regulations to safely validate that products meets design specification.
- Increase and strengthen our ability to identify, manage and control risks across a range of test protocols.
- Provide specific guidance on selecting sites and layout, and access controls and barriers for testing activities.
- Deploy and manage the TDM quality data system and interface inspection / testing as required.
- Provide guidelines on safe equipment, PPE, tools and testing protocols, and best practices.
- Establish expectations and roles and responsibilities for Site Responsible Parties dedicated to oversight and management of Electrical Testing activities.
- Implement project work to meet project timelines and completion.
- Coordinate training including electrical safe work practice and operation of test equipment to operators and technicians as part of ORM process with manufacturing as required. Represent the site as the SRP (Site Responsible Person).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an electrical testing department.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing people and/or project teams.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of experience managing people and/or project teams.
- 5 years of direct experience supporting Panelboards & Switchboard products
- Working knowledge of electrical testing principles and equipment.
- Proven record of having interpreted regulations/standards & implementing appropriate Electrical Safe Work Practices such as NFPA 70E.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and troubleshoot electrical control, protection, instrumentation, and metering schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC and related software (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD). Prior experience in manufacturing engineering capacity along with training and experience with Lean and Six Sigma Tools is preferred.
- Ability to assist manufacturing operations and product designers/engineering personnel to resolve electrical design and build production issues.
- Ability to interpret, suggest and resolve equipment or installation issues with multiple and varied electrical contractors and customers.
- Must be available for travel to customer sites for electrical fault analysis, installation fit and function, and/or repair.
- Certified first responder for electrical hazards.
- Meeting the criteria of an electrical professional as defined in NFPA 70E.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time