Manager - Utility Transmission and Distribution Automation Operations
- You will manage the design, construction & commissioning of utility T&D (transmission & distribution) projects focused primarily on protection and control systems, Eaton utility automation products and systems, and Eaton utility focused products.
- You will delegate assignments to P&C (protection & control) design engineers and P&C field engineers and technicians
- You will ensure assignments are being completed safely within deadlines, at or under budget with high quality.
- You will lead development and growth of T&D automation teams
- You will actively engage in front end sales and marketing activities in support of utility T&D projects focused primarily on T&D protection & control systems and Eaton utility T&D automation products and systems such as Yukon Feeder Automation, Yukon Volt Var Control, and Eaton SMP Gateway.
- You will act as a technical expert and liaison with customers and the engineering design team or field services team by exhibiting product application knowledge, customer interface.
- You will develop and execute tactical and strategic plans to support the Utility T&D Automation business goals.
- You will provide coordination on commissioning programs to optimize customer service and market penetration.
- You will schedule the installation and commissioning with subcontractors and customer.
- You will provide safety analysis and proper equipment isolation procedure to ensure safe operation of employees in a T&D environment.
- You will lead development of detailed procedures, processes, and sign-off sheets for the Utility T&D team.
- You will monitor project execution and be available to address technical questions as they arise during design construction, installation and testing.
- You will establish a QA/QC process to identify and resolve design errors within our design team.
- You will direct crews as necessary during critical work junctures. This typically occurs during final commissioning, just prior and through initial energization.
- You will will operate in a fast paced environment and will be expected to support several capital projects occurring at the same time.
- You will be responsible for the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
- You will answer application questions, developing and implementing growth plans, providing sales support, and to grow development efforts.
- You will assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and develop action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies.
- You will provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the T&D Automation team.
- You will support and develop training plans and the development of direct reports creating a strong talent bench to enhance team’s ability to meet strategic goals and exceed customer expectations.
- You will ensure strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- You will provide input to the profit and strategic planning processes and submit monthly operations report summarizing key events throughout each month.
- You will interface with key customers, district operations, project operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- You will collaborate closely with Eaton utility T&D automation products lines such as Yukon Feeder Automation, Yukon Volt Var Control, and Eaton SMP Gateway.
- You will handle escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- You will coordinate product warranty issues within the product lines and vendors to resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
- You will be responsible for passing and maintaining foundational levels of utility vetting process
- You will drive the utility vetting process for commissioning staff. Ensures that team members are vetted for customer requirements and expectations.
- You will drive utility substation protection and control knowledge through the commissioning organization in conjunction with internal and external training resources.
- You will work closely with utility customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- You will develop strong utility relationships and promotes Eaton P&C services and Eaton utility automation solutions to utilities through these relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in transmission and distribution equipment with experience in substation protection and control.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of a Eaton Electrical Engineering Services and Systems office in the U.S. OR a home office based in the U.S.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Master of Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineering license
- Minimum 10 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable. Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30, CPR, First Aid, and BBP Certifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and highly organized.
- Strong computer skills, Excel, Word, MS projects, etc.
- Practical understanding of accounting principles.
- Power Transmission and Distribution field experience in design, commissioning, servicing and maintaining, and testing protection and control systems and electrical T&D equipment.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting, testing and repair techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Particular skill in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating customers, and presenting information to internal and external customers.
- Advanced understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Working knowledge of billing and invoicing policies for services.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Practical understanding of demand flow production concepts
- Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
- Ability to work in high pace environment.
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and with customers in order to achieve country/region/division success.
- Experience in the development of incremental business opportunities in the Industrial, Utility, Government, and Institutional markets is a plus.
- Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of organizational and scheduling skills
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Knowledge and understanding of utility services, products and solutions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time