Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supply Chain Manager
Eaton is seeking a Supply Chain Manager for our Fayetteville, NC facility. This person will report to our Plant Manager and is responsible for directing and controlling the movement of materials in and out of the plant. This person will manage key materials related functions such as purchasing, material planning, production scheduling, inventory control, shipping and receiving, warehousing, transportation and logistics. They will also support a plant organization, which manufactures electrical equipment for heavy industrial and commercial users in an engineered to order environment. Responsible for planning, purchasing, and managing a timely flow of quality goods and services to support customer and plant requirements. This also involves leadership, goal setting, and direction channeling of the materials function and coordination with all other functions. This person will also ensure alignment with Eaton Electrical Systems and Services SCM strategies and value added deployment to support improved performance.
- Develop and lead the plant to take action to achieve an aggressive cost and expense improvement program.
- Direct and coordinate all functional personnel to continually achieve a high degree of professional performance.
- Manage the timely receipt of quality cost competitive materials or services to support a high degree of operation productivity, customer satisfaction, and market share growth.
- Communicate and interface with plant manager, his/her staff and others in and outside the operation, concerning all matters that affect the well-being of the operation when related to the materials function.
- Manage the continual flow of all components or assemblies to other division locations to assure their uninterrupted operation.
- Manage all transportation activities and direct the utilization of lowest cost carriers or modes providing maximum service.
- Manage inventory assets to minimize investment and maximize utilization through Continuous Improvement Framework and Materials Management Tools (MRP, Procurement Method Analysis).
- Management of contracts for on-site partners by Providing solid and consistent architecture of supply chain contracts and agreements including terms, timing and language favorable to Eaton.
- Manage human, equipment, and systems resources to effectively carry out shipping, warehousing, receiving, material handling and other supply related functions.
- Build organizational capability in SCM team and other cross-functional teams. Ensure good “bench strength”, team development and succession planning.
- Leverage with Eaton Electrical Systems and Services resources to support the business. Ensure alignment with those resources including engaging Commodity Management in sourcing decisions.
- Sponsor and/or lead process improvement events including BPIs, Kaizens and EBS Pull projects related to SCM.
- Support and lead Inventory controls and materials management tools at the CMSC sites.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within Supply Chain/Materials Management.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must demonstrate strong experience in supervision and/or managing people.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and inter-relationship with other areas is required and includes complete knowledge of the purchasing function, including negotiations and contracting.
- This position requires expertise in allocation, budgeting and administration.
- The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator and possess the ability to effectively work with a team to achieve success.
- Master’s Degree in Business (Supply Chain focus preferred)
- Expert level experience and skills with forecasting, MRP and inventory control and material planning systems (Mapics).
- APICS Certification
- Previous experience in supply chain for a large manufacturing company (engineered-to-order experience a preferred) business.
An undergraduate degree is required.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time