Data Scientist (Supply Chain)
Eaton Corporate Sector has an opening for :
Data Scientist (Supply Chain)
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The Data Scientist will support the SC Ops Program Manager in identifying the value we can create for our customer & organization based on the collection and analysis of all types and sources of data, then help formulate the way to execute and drive execution.
The Data Scientist will work on “projects based” and will be responsible for analyzing the dynamics in our markets, identifying the areas where existing or new type of data can bring new insights and help solve customer & organizational issues in novel manners, and formulate a testing and deployment strategy.
He/She will cooperate with internal & external resources such as BI, Supply Chain Organization, Shared Service centers, Corporate Research teams or university labs. He/she will also directly work on collection mechanisms, algorithms and processing of the data when needed to implement ideas.
Supports the supply chain program manager to build business proposals leveraging data (collected by him, by us on his behalf, or by third parties) to create value for customers through analysis and services. In the short term, contributes directly to the creation of analytics-based value services around the data collected by our Data Management team.
Translate current business challenges into analytical terms and use appropriate data analytical techniques to solve problems in the areas of customer fulfillment, procurement, and supply chain models
Collects data internally from all different ERPs, Cleans data, maps it and ensures we create more effective vays to collect and analyse this data. Works with internal and external resources to build data models, data collection, processing, algorithms etc… to enable live testing of the proposed business models. When needed, take the lead on defining the architecture, algorithms and processing methods.
- Acts as an expert on distributed data collection, storage and processing engine, anonimization, advanced database technologies etc…
- Support all Business models, maintain statistical forecasts in supply chain tools, such as SAP APO and Demantra etc.,
- Assists the Program Manager in the deployment of iterative methods under supply chain function (Lean Startup)
- Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis to investigate forecast variances and propose forecasting solutions / Predictive analyses
- Understands service supply chain in order to develop, maintain and improve demand forecasting tools developed from VBA/SAS/Python/MySQL, that can perform in an ever-changing business landscape
- Area of opportunities to address from data analytics & Supply Chain Modelling & Simulation are as follows:
- Data Modelling, Business Analytics, Intelligence Optimization
- Statistics, Regression Modelling, Classification,
- Supply Chain Network & Inventory Modelling Projects
- Distribution Centre, Warehouse 3D simulation analysis
- Visualization in Tableau, Power BI, Oracle BDD,
- Tools functionality and performance comparison
- Developing Proof of Concepts (POC’s)
- An insatiable curiosity and strong persistence are the main prerequisites for this position
- Expertise in data, its collection, processing, storage, and analysis at scale
- Education: preferred PhD in information systems / data science
- Minimum experience: can come straight out of PhD. Post-doc or startup experience a plus
- Education: Master degree or equivalent
- Fluency in English required
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time