Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Specialist, Advanced Manufacturing
Programs (and prove-out) of CNC Machines which can include: Lathes, Mills, turn/mill machines, and horizontal machining centers utilizing Mastercam Software to integrate and optimize manufacturing processes and capacity to World Class level throughout Hydraulics Group operations.
Establishes and deploys CNC programming standards for the Hydraulics Group and ensures compliance.
Supports the development and deployment of Manufacturing Capital Strategy for Hydraulics Group ensuring alignment with Business Divisions and Global Regions.
Identify and develop technology roadmaps that support the overall Hydraulics Manufacturing Strategy.
Conduct activities to identify positive cost opportunities within Hydraulics Group and deploy actions to capture the cost benefit.
Partner with Product Management and Engineering to launch new product.
Coordinate the deployment of Advanced Manufacturing programs across Hydraulics locations and partner with site functional leads to standardize and update manufacturing processes.
Capture and redistribute the experience of Process Knowledge Experts.
Develop detailed manufacturing site simulation models to be used at the local site as well as Hydraulics Group levels for virtual evaluation and analysis. Provide strategy recommendations and status updates across regions and business groups.
Coordinate the activities and deployment of Advanced Manufacturing technicians.
Develop organizational capability through identification of talent and promote development of bench strength.
Provide training as needed at Hydraulics locations in the use of CNC Programming standards, prescribed decision making and process control tools.
Research and evaluate technology for application to manufacturing processes.
Partners with IT- MCOE to evaluate and deploy digital manufacturing tools and concepts to enhance and promote World Class Manufacturing capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with large databases, machine controls, PLC, CMM systems
- Minimum of two years of capital procurement experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Business
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of Eight years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five years’ experience leading a New Product Launch or Product Localization project
- Minimum of five years’ experience with product costing, control plans, product routings, make vs. buy
- Minimum of five years’ experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, MFG-Pro and JD Edwards
- PMI project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Acted as lead in a capital project of $1,000,000 or greater
- Practical experience implementing lean tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has new product launch experience
- Experience working globally across regions and other cultures.
- New product launch experience
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, MFG-Pro and JD Edwards.
- 50% Travel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time