Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Trade & Compliance Manager
The primary function of this position is to oversee the day-to-day importing, exporting and customs-related activities of Eaton’s Cooper Industries (Electrical) Inc. businesses in Canada. The position also includes oversight for logistics and site security for Mississauga and Calgary distribution centres.
- Manage the relationship between brokers and customers and the Eaton Center of Excellence for classification and qualification.
- Manage import and export classification projects for the business.
Assist with country of origin determination for all products.
- Management of the reconciliation process with US and Canada Customs.
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure correct INCOTERMS are being used for both import and export transactions.
- Ensure freight forwarders and suppliers comply with ISF filing requirements.
- Ensure that freight forwarders are using the proper export license and that licenses are being tracked.
- Support denied party screening activity.
- Act as escalation point and ensure proper communication of site level trade compliance issues to GTM management.
- Assist in audit of customs entry to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Assist with pre and post entry activities including protests, refunds, drawback and post entry amendments.
- Improve compliance through annual internal self-assessment and improvement plans.
- Prepare, review and participate in the development and implementation of trade compliance processes and procedures.
- Perform and assist with offsite targeted visits - one to two per year.
- Work with CBSA representative handling Cooper businesses.
- Manage CSA program.
- Manage PIP program.
- Oversee logistics/MRO purchasing supervisor.
- Maintain the security function within MESH.
- College Diploma in Customs Border Services from an accredited institution.
- Certified Customs Specialist Certification (Canadian Society of Customs Brokers)
- Minimum 5 years of trade compliance work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Canadian Customs Self-Assessment program and PIP program.
- No Relocation- Candidates must currently reside within an 80km radius of the Mississauga, ON facility.
- No Sponsorship – Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years w/ Certified Customs Specialist Certification (Canadian Society of Customs Brokers)
- Professional Logistics designation.
- Certified Trade Compliance Specialist (CTCS).
- Experience managing people.
- Experience dealing with multiple sites and businesses.
- Security Supply Chain Experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- High proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office tools.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time