Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions Division is hiring a EAS Technical Sales Training Experience role. This role will be based from our Plymouth, MN site.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
As a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 96,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
About Energy Automation Solutions Division:
The Energy Automation Solutions division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
The EAS Technical Sales Training Experience is an eighteen-month sales development role within Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions division which incorporates field sales training with challenging product, solution, and industry training. Participants will be developed through four rotational assignments based in Plymouth, MN where they will learn to sell EAS solutions and value to end customers. Rotational assignments will be with the Marketing Team, Project Deployment Team, Technical Support Team, and Inside Sales and Outside Team.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or IT Systems from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than June 2018
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Engineering major in electronics, electrical power, EET, mechanical, industrial
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Internships or co-op experience with an electrical utility
- Leadership experience with an organization or club
- Ability to speak Spanish or French
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the manager.
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States following completion of the training experience
- Possesses and maintains a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time