Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Marketing - RWDD
This position is responsible for formulating and implementing clear and consistent strategic growth and profit improvement plans for the RWDD division via multi-generation product plans, product price positioning decisions and commercial programs to grow share at target customers and channels.
The Director of Marketing works cross functionally with the sales, engineering and operations teams to meet annual and long-term financial goals. This individual must keep abreast of current and future market, technology and competitive trends that may impact the long-term success of the business, with a particular focus on the likely evolution of connected products and home automation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
1. Develop business strategy overview by analyzing key market trends including competitive products, regulatory and legislative developments and technological advances.
2. Co-lead new product introduction (NPI) roadmap and execution to meet changing market needs and competitive environment. Increase the value of the product offering while balancing the function and benefits of the product offering with the product cost and the cost incurred in development/delivery of product offering.
3. Sales Growth - develop strategy and programs to increase market share in existing markets, identify and develop new markets. Introduce product/marketing promotions and other sales programs to deliver top-line sales revenue objectives. Serve as one of the “key faces” of the business, developing relationships with the sales force, the channel and target customers
4. Margin enhancement - effectively balance objectives of growth and profitability through effective product management (optimal product mix, pricing approach, customer targets) to deliver gross margin and return on sales goals. Deepen our understanding of price elasticity in different parts of the market and true profitability of different types of target customers
5. Codes and Standards - responsible for leading national Codes and Standards initiatives and industry relationships for Eaton’s Residential and Wiring Device Division
6. Inorganic growth – identify adjacent markets and offers that we might pursue through acquisition or partnership and cultivate relationships with identified targets
7. Leadership - effectively manage cross-functional interfaces in a manner harmonized with RWDD’s overall operating rhythm. Guide direct reports to achieve same balance in the performance of their responsibilities.
8. Agent/Sales/Customer Communications - maintain and enhance positive working relationships with sales management and the agency base. Gather VOC, present NPI and facilitate issue resolution as required.
Two important skills for this person are leadership and interpersonal communication; on an on-going basis this person must communicate with agents, sales managers, suppliers, strategic partners, senior management, and others to determine if and how marketing plans should be adjusted to meet the Company’s overall financial and strategic goals. The individuals must then provide the leadership to ensure plan objectives are met.
In addition to overseeing product management responsibilities, this individual may be called upon to develop and implement various marketing initiatives. Examples include channel-related initiatives, those related to the Company retail group, marketing programs, and/or customer sales programs.
Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree preferred
Minimum Ten years of experience in sales marketing or related position in the electrical industry
Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, motivational and leadership skills
Minimum Five years managerial experience
Comprehensive knowledge of Company products and industry including an understanding of the technical aspects and applications of the products, legislative/regulatory issues.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time