Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Support Engineer - Energy Storage
The primary function is to provide expert technical support and troubleshooting assistance for after sales activities for EATON products related to Power Distribution, , Energy Storage and Power Quality Divisions. . The service will be provided on several channels: telephone, e-mail, web ticket, internal systems, etc.
Responsible for interfacing with end customers, internal customers and sales organisations, but also with logistics, quality, R&D, manufacturing and/or sales or service representative when necessary to handle a variety of post-sales technical support functions.
Provide assistance to sales functions across EMEA and external customers in areas such as technical assistance, connectivity issues, warranty, repair/calibration request, product changes or returns.
Resolves problems by applying established procedures and tactics, and if necessary implementing new processes for troubleshooting, testing and problem solving
- Act as a technical specialist for resolving not-standard customer challenges related to a given product, grid connection, energy storage systems, low voltage electrical network interface, home automation systems. via phone/email/webchat etc.
- Provide assistance to hardware and software issues which involve L3 and above technical support engineers, R&D and Product Managers.
- Drive customer loyalty through quality of service, improved value and through a high performance culture.
- Actively contribute to the effective organization and daily delivery of all aspects of the technical support tasks through various resources - people, process and technology.
- Proactively act as expert team member for customers to carry out and identify solutions to standard and non-standard task/queries.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing sessions within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest.
- Contribute to secure customer satisfaction, reduce customer effort and achieve cycle time/cost improvements through team-based problem solving.
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in or Electrical/Electronic/Telecommunication Engineering from an accredited institution (or equivalent professional degree).
- Strong French/German/Italian and English language capabilities.
- Minimum 3 year of professional Engineering design / Technical Support / Customer Service experience.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the area of Electrical Engineering (Energy Storage, Renewable Energy, Power Distribution) - Basicknowledge of computerized order management processes, SAP and/or ORACLE BPCS, CRM or similars.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time