Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Tool Room Supervisor
- Manage and schedule daily floor operations
- Provide tool repair completion dates to internal customers
- Order all disposable tooling required in the daily operation of the tool room
- Ensure information flow to staff on all company activities, policies, etc.
- Act as a project manager for game changing projects related to driving improvements in process, cost, productivity, safety, and customer satisfaction
- Train site team members on elements and tools of lean manufacturing
- Oversee kaizen events, including pre-work, conducting the events, organizing report outs, and follow-up on post event tasks
- Understands business and manufacturing systems to support production requirements (i.e. forecast, capacity planning, production planning, shop floor control, inventory control)
- Research and resolve problems using professional communication skills, with both internal and external customers
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience directly managing people
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Relocation is not offered for this role. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of Camarillo, CA will be considered.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3+ years of manufacturing supervision experience
- Certified toolmaker, tool and die journeyman
- 3 years’ experience in tooling management, including progressive dies and/or injection molds
- Strong manufacturing background and solid understanding of Tool Room operations
- Solid working knowledge of Tool Room repair
- Effectively leverages functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen. Acts as a business partner – sees the big picture
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of employees in a multi-tasking environment. Superior organizational skills required to deal with multiple “high priority” duties
- Project management experience required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time