- Plans inventory levels of an assigned group of production materials. Designs inventory systems consistent with materials manufacturing philosophy.
- Performs necessary follow-up and expediting activities. Assures a timely and effective flow of material into the plant, keeping down time to a minimum. Keeps plant inventories of parts at established levels.
- Conducts cost reduction activities for assigned commodities.
- Develops personal objectives and assists the manufacturing manager in the development and implementation of department objectives.
- Follows orders through the shop to maintain production/shipping schedule.
- Issues and follows up on orders with quantity changes, cancellations, re-schedules, and priority items.
- Maintains policy codes, safety stock levels, lead times and other necessary production records maintained on the database.
- Assigns promises to job orders when requested and follows progress through completion so that dates are met.
- Reviews availability of components and raw material to manufacture current and future orders.
- Assists in identifying and clearing difficulties and delays on the shop floor.
- Recommends alternative action to be taken in events of failure to meet the schedules.
- Accumulates data for special reports.
- Prepare the annual budget for the department and assist other departments in their budget preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in planning/materials management, procurement, production control, or operations planning
- No Sponsorship- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- MBA w/ emphasis on SC , Production or Mathematics
- Advanced experience with MS Excel or VBA Programming
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Experience in managing a planning function and building organizational capability in that function
- Desire CPIM and/or APICS certification
- Good understanding of MAPICS, Inventory Management, JIT & Lean Production, capacity planning and master scheduling
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must have general product knowledge and knowledge of the manufacturing systems.
- Must have knowledge of corporate and plant management policies including purchasing ethics policy.
- Must have knowledge of CRT operation, transaction codes, data processing and accounting.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time