Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Maintenance Manager for the Lincoln, IL facility.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the maintenance personnel in the assigned area of responsibility, plan and execute Safety, 5S, Preventative and Corrective Maintenance along with a TPM strategy and to support continuous improvement activities.
- Directs the maintenance repair of plant equipment, machines, buildings, grounds for all shifts and manages the work order system. Maintains all necessary maintenance records and prepares required reports to monitor productivity, OEE, and PM effectiveness. Drive improvement.
- Contracts with outside vendors for equipment repairs and abnormal maintenance. Assures that all contractors are trained in safety matters and that insurance certificates are on file.
- Develops and controls budget for all maintenance areas. Forecasts maintenance plan (personnel, equipment and space requirements).
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program for machines, equipment, buildings and grounds. Must maintain PM records for all equipment and recommend changes to improve OEE based on trends.
- Maintains tool crib for maintenance. Establishes an adequate inventory of replacement and repair parts for equipment and machines. Oversees procurement of necessary parts.
- Participate in establishing, maintaining and training an effective plant emergency organization.
- Responsible for the hiring of maintenance and janitorial personnel. Evaluates new employees and oversees the training of new employees, apprentices and trainees. Assists in training and development maintenance personnel. Ensures training in safety procedures and ensures safe work practices are adhered to.
- Completes annual performance reviews and monitors performance of personnel.
- Stays up to date with “state of the art” equipment, software and maintenance techniques.
- Participates in understanding and adhering to OSHA and EPA regulations. Makes sure that equipment and processes meet all requirements. Initiates safety review on all new processes and/or equipment.
- Participates in understanding and adhering to ISO 14001 and 9001 standards and MESH. Champion for category 8.0 elements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting a Maintenance Function
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- 4+ Years of Maintenance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline a plus
- Machining/Metal Fabrication experience strongly preferred
- Prior working experience with in an Electrical/Mechanical environment
- Automation experience and/or PLC experience including Allen Bradley
- Prior experience working within a Union Environment
- Class K waste water Treatment license
- Strong knowledge in the electrical and mechanical fields, equipment and machine design, building and plant maintenance techniques is required. Knowledge in structural and architectural matters is helpful.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA and EPA requirements is required.
- Must have administrative knowledge in company policies, procedures and budget control.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time