Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Test Engineer
- Provide daily test support to Switchgear facility in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Adheres to Safety initiatives by supporting MESH requirements, performing safety audits and fostering safety improvement culture throughout department.
- Responsible for electrical safety for assembly operations by completing tester risk assessments; coordinating safety remediation plans; specifying PPE requirements; and training for operators
- Develop and review test equipment specifications and compliance. Testing types includes but not limited to AC/DC dielectric withstand test, TCC timing test, partial discharge test, and system/sub-system level functional test.
- Develop, implement, and document production test processes and methods.
- Lead electrical safety process improvement activities and equipment risk reduction projects.
- Support/Lead test system and process continuous improvement projects including equipment reliability, system intelligence, and spare parts management.
- Support manufacturing process automation projects and deploy sound engineering controls to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Develop, justify and evolve capital plans and estimates throughout projects
- Accurately communicate status and quality of project and deliverables to team, management and stakeholders.
- Support Production, Engineering, and Manufacturing Services departments during equipment installation, modification, startup and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Organize, generate, complete, and update documentation on existing and new testing equipment, including process and wiring diagrams.
- Support NPD/NPI projects and work with cross-functional team to obtain objectives and desired results.
- Review new products for testability. Assist design groups to insure product designs can be tested economically in a production and repair environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum of 4 years of engineering experience with electrical systems
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
National Instruments hardware (DIO, DAQ, GPIB, PXI) and software (LabView, TestStand)
Experience in NFPA70E and OSHA Regulations in Electrical Safety (Arc Flash, LOTO, Approach Boundaries, PPE selection and testing)
PLC system design and programming knowledge
Six Sigma or/and Lean Manufacturing
High voltage and high current testing
Proven engineering experience with electrical test systems
Ability to troubleshoot complex test systems involving hardware and software.
Ability to create read and interpret complex electrical and electronic circuit schematics, electrical and mechanical equipment design drawings, bills of materials, specifications, procedures and technical manuals.
Experience in test system automation.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone or in a team environment
Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities with deadlines and bring assignments to successful completion with minimum supervision
Must be a hands-on person
Flexible to work extended hour or weekends in case of emergency or to support business needs as occasionally required
Positive interaction and open communications with other factory disciplines is a necessity
Strong verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time