Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Lighting Division located in Aurora, CO has an immediate opening for a Product Specialist to join our team.
The primary function of this
role is to provide Eaton’s Lighting customers, agents, distributors, end users,
potential customers, internal customers and Field Sales with information on
product, delivery, pricing, claims/returns and quotes. This fast-paced role
will manage customer orders, including order entry and order changes. This
individual will be responsible for expediting orders and shipments with
operations as well as maintaining accurate customer information, validating
price, commission, verifying order terms and conditions, quantity and date
information. The position will emphasize our world class customer service to
continue our competitive advantage which contributes to the growth of the
• Partners with customer contacts and field sales to provide exceptional service through phone and email communication. Acts as a liaison between the customer and operations.
• Manages/enters new orders from customers through internal programs such as Flash, SAP order entry systems, with emphasis on error-free order management and same-day order entry. Enters changes and cancellations from customers, using established business rules.
• Proactively communicates with internal and external customers about order verification, order status, pricing and shipment status. Communicates in a timely manner with planning and operations to verify lead times, confirm scheduled order completion dates and communicate special handling requests.
• Maintains accurate and organized order files, order acknowledgments, internal notes and customer contact information in appropriate software systems.
• Expedites orders to meet customer deadlines; processes emergency and/or expedited orders and shipments in a timely manner; provides customers and/or distributors with product information; and prepares price quotations.
• Authorizes RMA (Returned Material Authorization) requests and issues RMA numbers. Investigates claims by conducting fact-based investigation and working with operations and Quality personnel.
• Manages service and warranty orders.
• Promotes customer satisfaction and achieves cycle time reduction through team-based problem solving. Regularly participates in cross-functional teams to solve recurring customer issues.
• Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Provide general support internally & externally to ensure world class service
• Maintain KPI metrics for Controls Quotations
• Communication with Sales team, Distributors, & End Users
• Interprets end users’ needs and defines appropriate solution
• Coordinate with lighting pricing to ensure compatibility of system
• Participate in handoff meetings with PM’s and applications to ensure issues are resolved promptly
• Coordinates receipt of all information for the preparation of final quotation submittal
• Prices Quotations to ensure consistent, competitive and profitable pricing
• Follows up on outstanding quotations with salespersons and customers to determine status.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 1 year of experience in customer service, inside sales or pricing
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Relocation benefits are not provided for this role. Only local candidates residing within 50 miles of Aurora, CO will be considered.
• Project Management experience
• Lighting and/or electrical industry experience
• SAP experience
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Understanding of Sales and Marketing strategies
• Strong customer focus and service oriented abilities
• Computer proficiency and data entry skills, including proofreading, MS Word and Excel, SAP or CRM application
• Team-oriented and collaborative mindset
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Phone skills and customer communication skills
• Organization and time management skills
• Drive for results
• Conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving abilities
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
• Ability to multitask effectively
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No