Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Welder - 2nd Shift - Relocation Available
- Checks material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints against customer specifications for accuracy.
- Cuts and trims material using oxygen-acetylene torch and plasma when required.
- Assembles component parts to front plates checking part numbers and locations against blueprints. Splices multiple pieces of material to make up front plate and other tank components.
- Checks corrugate for the proper size of volutes.
- Assembles and welds front plate, tank bottom and tank body, including corrugate, providing all leak proof seams.
- Grinds excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve the fit of parts. Scrapes and wipes down unit to ensure it meets applicable customer requirements.
- Sets tank on conveyor line, stamping with employee identification number.
- Attaches shop order to unit with initials signed on it.
- Operates jib and bridge crane to move and position heavy parts and assemblies.
- Assists co-workers with the assembling and tipping of large units when necessary.
- Follow standard work to successfully complete job.
- Abide by PQG and all weld quality standards.
- High School education or GED from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 1 year Technical School diploma AND/OR minimum of 2 years welding experience in mig and arc welding
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
- Relocation benefit will be provided to candidates who live outside 50 miles from Waukesha, WI
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only