Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator II (Utility Extrusion) - 2nd Shift
Eaton located in Middlesex, NC has an opening for an Operator II (Utility Extrusion)- 2nd shift.
Depending on production demands, this operator will flex in 3 areas:
Powder Blending – Operate machine to mix or blend chemicals and Teflon® powder for processing according to formulas. Examine materials, ingredients or products visually or with hands to ensure compliance to established standards.
PTFE Extrusion - Set up and operate extrusion presses to shape billets into Teflon® tubing. Regulate rate of extrusion to prevent rupture.
Inspection - responsible for checking and inspecting of tubes. Removes defective products. Maintain records and the manufacturing/production area to comply with regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- Produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
- Powder Blending:
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Transfer materials, supplies, or products between work areas, using moving equipment or hand tools.
- Record operational or production data on specified forms.
- Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
- PTFE Extrusion:
- Pull powder from staging area and load powder into perform press
- Set up extruder with proper pin and die according to set-up sheet
- Load billet into extruder
- Set limit switch and set dial speed for extruder
- Examine extruded tube at beginning and end of each billet
- Extrude tube onto pan(batch)/reel
- Chart measures
- Move pan to oven and load (batch)
- Apply mica dust to tube
- Remove mica dust from pan
- Monitor tube dimensions
- Set timers and start ovens (batch)
- Perform operations in MFGPro
- Disburse raw materials
- Keep up air emissions log
- Inspect and measure dimensions of tubes to verify conformance to specifications using X-ray and other appropriate measuring tools (micrometer, measuring tapes etc.) and record accurately on paperwork
- Proof test tubes
- Accurately record data (footage, scrap/defects) on appropriate paperwork (e.g. process travelers)
- Discard or reject tubes not meeting specifications
- Load turntable
- Put reel in take-up
- Set up Lasermike
- Staple end to reel, inspect for defects and place copper tape to splices.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings
- Accurately complete computer transactions (MFGPro etc.) as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- Participate in cell/team activities including, but not limited to, team meetings, problem-solving, Kaizen events, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices
- Follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area, 50 miles of Middlesex, NC will be considered
- 6 months of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience in computer transactions
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No