Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Planning Manager
- Provides overall direction and development to the Financial Accounting Department. Motivates and coaches 4 direct reports in their development.
- Manages the finance department through the development and execution of monthly financial process, to include month end closing and forecasting. Directs the forecasting process for the division.
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of operating results for HQ and the division. Coordinates reporting of results and forecasts to the Sr. Leadership team.
- Is the primary contact for Financial reporting with group level and the Electrical Sector. Interfaces with internal and external auditors
- Responsible for the integrity of the HQ’s balance sheet. Ensures HQ balance sheet accounts are reconciled and reviewed monthly.
- Oversees the accuracy and integrity of internal controls assuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Coordinates the completion of the annual profit plan for the Power Quality Division. Develops the HQ budgets and monitor throughout the year.
- Provides financial guidance to the Sales Managers.
- Works with Power Quality global locations to gather UPS revenue data. Coordinates the compilation of Eaton’s market share analysis with IHS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Accounting or Finance related positions is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Related Master’s Degree or MBA
- Previous experience with SAP
- Previous experience in systems including Oracle Financials and Khalix
- Experience with internal and external Audits
- Experience as a Manager of People
- Experience in cost accounting, financial planning, and forecasting
- Ability to think strategically and see big picture in dynamic business environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately and professionally across many organizational levels and functions
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality, ethics
- Strong working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time