Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Responsible for day-to-day plant operations, including manufacturing, shipping/receiving, and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform pricing and quoting activity for customers
- Function as an additional resource by conducting sales call/training for field sales, distributor partners, local contractors, consultants, and end users in order to promote CDCA services and products.
- Function as a primary point of contact and assume the responsibilities of the Manager-Business Operations, Panelboard CSR’s and/or Product Engineers in his/her absence.
- Direct plant quality efforts in the implementation of inspection procedures, work instructions, safety, orientation/training for new/existing employees, etc.
- Develop a strong understanding of plant and territory financial performance measures with the assistance of the Manager-Business Operations.
- Establish a method for consistently communicating business results to production employees.
- Manage review process for production employees, including performance reviews, coaching, talent management, and cross-training and developing of direct reports.
- Spearhead the recruiting/hiring of new employees and temporary production associates for site location and across Eaton.
- Assist in the implementation of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and related tools, including, but not limited to 5S, Lean, MESH, etc. Function as the primary safety officer for the plant, ensuring compliance with OSHA and MESH regulations. Includes establishing committee teams to ensure all associates participate and provide true value.
- Promote a teamwork environment.
- Determine warranty issues are within policy specifications; Coordinate and schedule warranty issues in-house through the use of a field technician and with EESS to obtain the appropriate replacement materials to the production team and ensure that these issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Support Sales/ Distributors with details of specific product line questions including Bid-Manager related questions and drawings on an as needed basis.
- Drive cost savings improvements within the facility.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 2 years of experience in field sales, engineering or manufacturing
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
Relocation is not provided for this position. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Hayward, CA to be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills used for review, motivation, development and reinforcement of standards and polices for direct reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously through prioritization and time management skills is critical to job success
- Must be able to think strategically and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Possess a customer service focus
- Does not shy away from conflict – managerial courage- handles conflict well
- Coordinate with business functions (i.e. Human Resources) to develop and implement ongoing revisions of standards and policies
- Action oriented
- Process Management/Managing and Measuring work
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in field sales, engineering or manufacturing (electrical industry preferred)
- 3 years of prior supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Extensive product application knowledge for panelboards, switchboards, and circuit breaker components is highly recommended
- Working knowledge of the panelboard/switchboard industry
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCad, BidManager, AS400, and Vista, MAPICs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time