Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Required to assemble and adjust terminal blocks, wire switches, circuit breakers, lights, and other production, short order or special explosion-proof products following standard methods and procedures.
- Inspect hub arrangements to specifications and drawings. Material usually supplied by others.
- Inspect and check hole arrangements to specifications and drawings, using available jigs and fixtures to facilitate work; file and remove burrs; fit nuts and nipples; apply grease to screw threads and screw on covers or oil cover and body and check for tight joints using feeler gauge; tighten bolts on cover and set aside for pickup; assemble nameplates to covers as necessary.
- Use such tools as files, scrapers and miscellaneous other hand or power tools.
- Work from bills of material, simple wiring diagrams, drawings, verbal instructions, operation sheets, etc. Perform resin and chico operations as required.
- Check for, diagnose and correct mechanical defects using continuity light and other testing devices.
- Use special care in preparation and inspection of all mating surfaces in explosion-proof assemblies.
- Pack, label and seal as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations. Refer unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain and report accurate record of all time and occurrences as prescribed.
- Perform a variety of related or associated duties as required or directed.
- Maintain visual boards as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
Mechanical and/or electrical assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience reading wiring diagrams and drawings
Experience working with measuring instruments
- Application of some specialized knowledge and experience and the use of judgment to plan and perform sequence of operations or procedures within limits of standard or recognized methods and established precedent.
- Light physical effort, equivalent to continuous very light, frequent light, occasional average, but rarely heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Ability to read drawings and wiring diagrams and interpret specifications is preferred.
- Ability to use adjustable measuring instruments, volt-meter, ohmmeter, and buzzer.
- Some knowledge of principles of mechanics, characteristics of materials, fundamentals of electricity and wiring or ordinary circuits is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No