Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Fluid Conveyance Division is hiring a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Engineering Department at the facility. Actively support and strive to meet the strategic goals set by yourself, the facility and Eaton Corporation.
- Supervises product, process, plant, manufacturing, assembly, and engineering projects with the goal to improve process capabilities, drive down cost, and improve ease of manufacturing.
- Directs annual budget preparation through the development of capital projects/expenditures.
- Manages engineering staff members on project components in order to maintain timelines, project initiatives, and cost structures. Delegates project workloads and allocate resources to accomplish desired results.
- Manages the qualification of new products and raw materials to be incorporated into production.
- Assists in interviewing and selecting applicants for vacant positions within the Engineering Department.
- Assist all departments with improving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Flex Productivity. This can be accomplished through many means, such as; capital expenditures, process check documentation, value stream mapping, RIE/kaizen events, design improvements, process improvements, manufacturing recommendations, capacity improvements, etc.
- Participates in production decisions involving new and existing product lines to assess/improve equipment & capacity.
- Establishes and maintains an environment conducive to continuous improvement in manufacturing. Recommends alternatives for improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. This includes working closely with cross functional continuous improvement teams.
- Responsible for all engineering related communication flow and coordination among resources to ensure cost, quality, and delivery objectives are met (internal, external, sales/marketing, engineering, design, etc.).
- Promotes effective employee relations by providing leadership, coaching, and development to engineering staff.
- Participates in problem-solving meetings, resolves employee concerns, and makes employment-related decisions as needed.
- Ensures that all regulatory standards and company policies are understood, supported, and followed by engineering personnel and on the production floor.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of departmental concerns in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvement in production efficiency and customer.
- Manage capital projects and funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- 3+ years managerial experience of salaried employees
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- 10+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- 3+ years experience in lean manufacturing and six sigma
- 3+ years experience in project management implementation and techniques
- Background in industrial/hydraulic/aerospace hose manufacturing
- Background in aerospace industry
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time