Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Service Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Power Quality Service Business Unit has an opening for a Service Senior Financial Analyst. This position will be out of our Raleigh, NC office.
Eaton Corporation’s Power Quality Division designs Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic based products to ensure reliability in the most demanding applications. UPS systems condition power to protect against power quality hazards, as well as provide continuous backup power during outages.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing financial analysis and assisting in development of financial forecasts and closings for Power Quality’s Service Business Unit. Collect financial data and ensure conformity with corporate policies and procedures. Prepare and develop service area financials for the business leader and area management team. Leads continuous improvement activities for the Power Quality Service finance function.
The position manages the process of gathering, analyzing and reporting on information used to communicate operating results, sales performance, and ad hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that Power Quality Service Management and support functions are receiving critical information needed to perform their jobs.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties.
- Supports the monthly closing processes for Power Quality Service ledger and provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the leadership team and supporting functions.
- Provides support and analysis for the Power Quality Service Area Managers and Admins. Analyzing operational and financial data, investigating account variances, identifying business drivers, and evaluating their impact on planned objectives.
- Serves as SAP super user expert for the Power Quality Service financial function, leading ongoing training efforts for finance function to improve team efficiencies.
- Leads process improvements and BPI events to streamline financial processes for the PQ Service.
- Performs analyses/reconciliations of balance sheet and P&L accounts on a monthly basis for Power Quality Service reviewing and resolving variances, as needed.
- Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Performs others duties as assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in financial analysis and account reconciliations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- At this time, relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates within a 50 miles radius of will be considered
- Eaton financial systems skills/experience preferred, including: Oracle Financials, Encore, SAP
- Experience in both General Ledger and shared service (AR/AP) accounting
- Solid understanding of the US GAAP and Eaton reporting requirements
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Ability to regulate work commitments and time within the workplace, effectively managing multiple priorities ensuring quality and efficiency.
- Capable of operating ethically with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Capacity to act as an agent of change, driving and enabling process change and driving projects to completion
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing various internal and external interests representing potential conflicts).
- Ability to demonstrate strong accounting and business acumen
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to maximize business results and positive customer experiences to adapt delivery style as appropriate.
- Ability to think strategically and see big picture in a constantly changing business environment and market
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to expert level proficiency with Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time